posting to this forum

Welcome Forums General Discussion posting to this forum

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AMOPlus
    Keymaster

Hello, this is a new forum for general questions. You can post your questions here and other members will try to help.

Harm van der Veen
    Participant

Thanks for your hard work Mary, looking forward to using this forum.

To our Members, make sure you click the “notify box” below to receive an email when the topic has been replied to.

Gary Freelen

Hello there,

What a great website! I can’t believe the pictures. Looking forward to cruising through the site. I guess I need a Yahoo ID for the avatar, eh? Thanks Mary, what a great job.

Let’s try this picture again…rocking Cleveland.

AMOPlus
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,
    Thanks for your kind words.
    You likely need to make sure your images aren’t larger than 512kb. There are a few free image programs out there that you can use to reduce the sizes. You’ve uploaded a zip file, so people will only see that image if they download it. To see it in the post, a jpg is best.
    As for the Avatar. Go to gravatar and you will see a place in the centre of the site that says “create your own gravatar”. Fill in the email address you want to use this with, create a username and you’ll need a password. Once you have done that, activate your account, then sign in. The first thing they ask is for you to upload an image. Once you do that and save it, that image should be linked to that email address. Hope that helps!

Harm van der Veen
    Participant

Hey Mary, as you can see I just did my avatar as per your instructions, worked great. Thanks

AMOPlus
    Keymaster

Great picture Harm, glad it worked okay!

Gary Freelen
    Keymaster

I just posted a picture of my horses on another thread to see how it worked. I made the horizontal Pixels at 900 which resized the vertical to about 500 (about 135 kb), well within the size limit. Very cool function! Don’t forget to set up your own personalized Avatar. Mary has provided simple instructions on how to do that. Thanks Mary for all your help with this! We’ve securely entered the 21st century!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.